: 25 - 35
: Sri Lanka
: Project management
: 5-10 Years
Salary LKR 200,000 - 400,000
About the Company
Our Client is a market leader in providing IT solutions
Job Description :
Project planning and management, Team management, Product Manager Support, Process Management, and improvement.
Job Responsibilities :
- Project Planning and Management – Apply modern project management techniques to manage a project, achieving objectives of scope, quality, time, and cost. Organize and lead project status and working meetings. Prepare progress reports. Present to the executive steering committee on a regular basis. Proactively identify and mitigate project risks and issues. Manage project changes. Develop relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Team Management – Hold project teams accountable for their project responsibilities and deliverables. Proactively ensure that teams are "in sync" in terms of communication, schedules, and issues. Develop project teams by promoting empowerment, engagement, and high-quality deliverables.
- Product Manager Support - Partner with product managers/owners to plan and prioritize product delivery roadmaps and support key customer deployments.
- Process Management and Improvement – Champion continuous improvement and adoption of project management and agile software development best practices.
Key Technical Competencies
- Strong understanding of Project Management methodologies, with experience delivering enterprise software products. Able to blend and “right-size” these practices to fit the project and business need.
- Have an understanding of the “bigger picture”. Be able to conceptualize where and how the project fits into the company’s mission. Must be able to establish project goals, validate and confirm acceptance, challenge stakeholders, and hold stakeholders accountable.
- Work with project stakeholders to define project scope and objectives, and ensure technical feasibility
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budget
- Lead or coordinate development of project proposals, including schedule and budget details
- Develop and share comprehensive project plans with clients and team members to assign a project team and client responsibilities, guide and track progress
- Manage client relationships, and maintain a regular schedule of meetings with clients to review the progress of deliverables and clarify requirements as needed
- Closely monitor progress and adjust project scope, schedule or costs
- Coordinate resource availability and allocation for both internal resources and third-party vendors for successful project execution
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Report and escalate critical issues to management as needed
- Develop product marketing strategies to attract new client prospects
- Develop and deliver software product demonstrations/presentations to potential clients
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience on large scale software development projects, preferably in a commercial software development environment
- Proven project management in the software or IT industry using project management best practices.
- Proven experience managing agile projects and moving teams to agile methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
- Proven experience managing projects with remote teams in distributed, world-wide locations.
- PMP Certification or working towards the same.
- Experience developing or deploying software to enhance a cloud environment (desired)
- Possess analytical and strong problem-solving skills
Other benefit :
Not registered? Not a problem.
Fill below for a quick submission
This facility has been enabled for those with time constrains. However to build a continued relationship with us and enjoy the full scope of the site we advise you to Sign-Up and park your CVs / Resume with us. This would also enable you to receive personalized Job Alerts from Career141.