: 24 -35
: Sri Lanka
: Other Eng Position
: 1-3 Years
Salary LKR 125,000 - 150,000
About the Company
GE Transportation combines decades of industrial leadership with cutting-edge data science and analytics acumen to create an efficient, productive and reliable digital-rail ecosystem – from shipper to receiver - from ports to intermodal terminals - main line locomotives and railcars - to train yards and operation centers.
Job Description :
You will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
Job Responsibilities :
- Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Increase system efficiency and reliability by handling more complex design and development testing.
- Develop and implement proactive monitoring of critical business services to ensure availability.
- Integrate monitoring principles into the IT systems development life cycle project work.
- Contribute to specification and planning of new product modules and features.
- Code and perform developer module testing and integrated bundle testing.
- Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
- Track industry developments and standards and implement these into the company’s technologies.
- Design and code complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Work with product line leaders and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
- Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
- Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Java programming
- Strong Fluency in OO Concepts, Oracle SPs, SQL Skills, Enterprise level web basedn-tier applications.
- Prior experience in Agile-based methodologies such as Scrum/XP/SAFe will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work individually and as a part of a team.
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Other benefit :
Not registered? Not a problem.
Fill below for a quick submission
This facility has been enabled for those with time constrains. However to build a continued relationship with us and enjoy the full scope of the site we advise you to Sign-Up and park your CVs / Resume with us. This would also enable you to receive personalized Job Alerts from Career141.