Specialist - Cyber Security Threat Hunting
: 30 - 40
: Sri Lanka
: Electronic Eng (Snr Manager / Manager / Asst Manager)
: 3-5 Years
Salary LKR 200,000 - 350,000
About the Company
Our client operates 2.5G and 3/3.5G Mobile as well as 4G Communications networks supporting the very latest in multimedia and mobile Internet services. Its local coverage spans all provinces of Sri Lanka, while a comprehensive suite of International Roaming Services are also provided across a global footprint comprising of more than 200 countries. The company operates a wide portfolio of international telecommunication services, including but not limited to retail and wholesale international voice and data services.
Job Description :
The Cyber Threat Hunter proactively defends the enterprise network by detecting and isolating threats that have evaded existing security solutions and are trying to or have established a foothold in the network. The position holder is someone who can analyze activity, construct exploits using open source platforms and commercial tools and based on threat intelligence. This position will also require potential collaboration with local intelligence organizations on threats detected. The position will be creating and adding custom signatures for malware and conduct penetration testing on web, mobile, cloud and OS platforms to achieve the main goal of protecting the enterprise.
Job Responsibilities :
- Understanding known Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) actors and their Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs)
- Conduct investigations utilizing the enterprise's network security tools
- Conduct searches utilizing indictors of compromise (IOCs) provided by cyberthreat intelligence partners
- Utilize established data analysis procedures to perform threat hunting
- Develop new data analysis procedures to identify unknown threats residing in the network
- Automate data collection and analysis procedures utilizing enterprise security tools along with scripting languages
- Analyze network traffic and other artifacts related to identified threats and attacks
- Develop reports on discovered threats along with recommended remediation
- Analyze the threat landscape and measure Clients’s resilience to cyber-attacks from an external and internal threat perspective
- Creatively maximize usage of existing security solutions to solve identified issues.
- Research the latest information technology (IT) security threats and propose new security
- solutions to protect the company from unknown or threats that may cause potential damage in the future
- Test security solutions using industry standard analysis which will reduce the attack surface of the Client to an external attacker.
- Lead incident response, including steps to minimize the impact and then conducting a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage
- Hands on penetration testing including but not limited to activities such as source code reviews, threat analysis, wireless network assessments, application, network, mobile applications, API, systems and infrastructure vulnerability assessments and penetration testing and social engineering assessment.
- Enhance current hardware and software with implementations of better security standards
- Providing thought leadership and direction for the Information Security practice on malware, attack vectors and methods to protect against threats.
- Maintains commercial and open source tools to be used for the purposes of penetration testing.
- Develop security standards and best practices for the organization in collaboration with other OpCos in the Group
- Reverse engineer zero-day vulnerabilities and other security loop holes that can be exploited by an external attacker.
- Find new solutions that are efficient and effective for use in protecting the client and share the knowledge with Groups cyber security group
- Degree in IT/Information security/Telecommunication from a recognised university/institute and minimum 4 years of related work experience.
- Information security related certifications such as – OSCE, OSCP, LPT, CTIA, CHFI, CEH, Security+, ITIL preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in cyber security incident management.
- Conduct Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration testing for web, Cloud, Mobile and OS (both Windows and Linux).
- Ability to grasp new technology and conapts very fast
- In-depth understanding of MITRE ATT&CK framework, OWASP top 10, and the core components of NIST CSF and ISO 27001:2013 framework.
- Vulnerability management and penetration testing techniques, using wildly used penetration testing solutions and professional tools.
Other benefit :
Not registered? Not a problem.
Fill below for a quick submission
This facility has been enabled for those with time constrains. However to build a continued relationship with us and enjoy the full scope of the site we advise you to Sign-Up and park your CVs / Resume with us. This would also enable you to receive personalized Job Alerts from Career141.