As organization of high repute in the Sri Lankan Shipping Industry, Logistics Group which provide Inland Container Depot Services to Shipping Lines & Container Leasing Companies, and today the group has evolved to become a multifaceted service provider in Sri Lanka’s Marine, Transport & Logistics Industries
Roles & Responsibilities
– Meeting budgets set by the Management
– To build & establish rapport with existing customers.
– To source for Sales leads and secure new customers
– Propose solutions and prepare quotations for customers with the guidance of HOD.
– Follow up on major sales leads
– Negotiating with customers on revised processes for sign off
– Always deliver an excellent client experience, ensuring client needs are met or exceeded.
– Proactively develop and improve processes to service clients.
– Attending monthly sales meetings
– Assist the HOD to carry out above the line marketing through internet, social media and hoardings.
– Consistently engaging with clients on below the line marketing to ensure retention and securing of customers.
– Develop and maintain existing customers while securing new customers through appropriate propositions, ethical sales methods and relevant communication, to optimize quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
– Schedule and attend client meetings, ensuring that number of meetings meets targets set by management
– Research on potential customers and ensure the development of business opportunities
– Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
– Assist the HOD to identify business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
– Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
– Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet targets.
– Liaising with the credit controlling team to ensure dues have been collected.
– Ensuring knowledge on internal systems and relevant new technology within the industry is acquired.
- Degree or Diploma level qualification in Logistics or SLIM/CIM
- Advance Excel
- Experience levels required to execute this role E.g. 2-4 years of experience as a salesman in abc market
- Specific Experience 1 year in Logistics
- Overall experience 4 years