As organization of high repute in the Sri Lankan Shipping Industry, Logistics Group which provide Inland Container Depot Services to Shipping Lines & Container Leasing Companies, and today the group has evolved to become a multifaceted service provider in Sri Lanka’s Marine, Transport & Logistics Industries
Roles & Responsibilities
- Follow up customer e mails & Coordinate with documentation staff & maintain Daily shipment status report. Accordingly update Customer status report wherever necessary. Communicate with customers & call for original documents & other related information to commence work
- Communicate with shipping lines to check vessel arrivals, related charges & arrange to collect D/O through documentation staff.
- Arrange to pick up AWB from Air Lines /Forwarding Agents.
- Follow up to obtain payment receipts from shipping Lines/Air Lines/Forwarding Agents
- Communicate with SLSI, Import / Export control & other Regulatory Authorities to get approvals. Follow up bank documents with the clients.
- Ensure to submit customs declarations accurately on time & follow up with documentation staff to request pay orders from the client & arrange to pick up same.
- Supervise operational functions & arrange suitable transportation with the existing service providers.
- Look for competitors and strengthen the transportation supply to meet the demand.
- Closely monitor unloading with stores personnel & ensure the vehicles have reached the destinations.
- Follow up container transfer movement from Spectra yard to nominated locations arranging Transportation, FCL extensions & yard O/T when necessary.
- Should be contactable at any given time & should keep a close supervision from the start until the consignments are delivered & engaged vehicles are released.
- As soon as the job are completed have a close follow up to call for transportation bills, check for accuracy with the related jobs & hand over to finance team for invoicing to the client.
Qualification and technical skills required to execute the role
- Custom house Agent (CHA) Qualification
- Any other qualification related to import and export would be an added advantage
- Attention to details
- People/Team management and development skills
- Communication skills
- Work with minimum supervision
- Customer Relationship management skills
- Influencing & Negotiation skills
- Execution & result oriented
- 5-6 years’ experience in custom brokerage