One of the leading IT companies which provides Systems Delivery function within IT oversees the integration and delivery of all IT Systems within the acquisition entities in the UK. The team is split between key project manager functions for major programmes (for example: GIS, Total Objects & Oval integration) and centers of expertise (Release Management, Development, Systems Projects Delivery, Delivery Governance & Supplier Commercial Relationships). The Systems Delivery team exists to increase the depth of engagement with clients and to provide a highly professional service to meet strategic IT commitments.
Roles & Responsibilities
Testing embraces the planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations. The purpose of testing is to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified, and that the risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented. Testing includes the process of engineering, using and maintaining testware (test cases, test scripts, test reports, test plans, etc) to measure and improve the quality of the software being tested.Desirable (but not essential)
- Accepts responsibility for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications
- Reviews requirements and specifications, and defines test conditions.
- Designs test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria
- Developing and executing tests for all layers of the solution, using re-runnable testing as often as possible.
- Recording and reporting outcomes.
- Analyses and reports test activities and results.
- Follows the Defect Management process, including root cause analysis, defect triage and allocation to resolver groups.
- Uses Test Management software e.g. Bugzilla, Testopia, Jira for test and defect management.
- Identifies and reports issues and risks associated with own work.
- Records and analyses actions and results, and maintains a defect register.
- Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary.
- Reports on system quality and collects metrics on test cases.
- Provides specialist advice to support others
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience required with emphasis in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems Management.