Ensure the environment within the Company and immediate surrounding is free of hazards that could harm the employees and the community and, endanger their lives
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures for all areas of the companies and conduct routine inspections
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics to Supervisors and employees.
- Monitor compliance with safety procedures and Prepare Environmental legal compliance document and update the details against the company status
- Conduct Risk Assessments for new machineries and new projects, prior to installations and conduct Risk Assessments for (Ergonomic activities, PPE usage, Machine safety, Environmental Factors, Storage conditions, Mill safety) and develop action plans together with EHS Specialist.
- Develop S@W action implementation plans
- Monthly walkthrough Audits and share the corrective and preventive action plans
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Maintain records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
- Ensure the proper working of Fire system and Wastewater treatment process and sign service agreements on time
- Training to the construction workers and service staff and ensuring contractor’s safety programme is executed properly
- Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures were indicated and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented
- Conducts post-accident investigation and prepares report identifying possible accident causes and hazards to be used by company personnel and senior management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or equivalent from a reputed full-time institution
- Certificate/ Diploma in ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 Quality Standards and related areas
- 4 to 6 years qualifying experience in similar capacity preferably in a high-tech large-scale industry such as rubber manufacturing, cement, chemical etc.
Suitable qualification in conducting training programs